Last Modified: May 5, 2022
The terms and conditions of use shown here (hereinafter referred to as the "Terms and Conditions") set forth the terms between Seclife Games Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") and users (hereinafter referred to as the "User" or "Users" depending upon context) of game services provided by the Company under the brand name of Seclife Games (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
The following words and terms shall have the meanings set forth below when they are used in the Terms and Conditions.
- 1.1 "Account(s)" means a set of character strings or any other marks issued by the Company at the beginning of the use of the Service of identifying a User. Among them, identifier(s) set by the Company based on User’s application is referred to as "User ID".
- 1.2 "In-Game Currency(ies)" refers to the virtual currency which Users may use to pay for Content(s) and services offered by the Company which are not free of charge.
- 1.3 "Separate Terms and Conditions" means documents released or uploaded by the Company that pertains to the Service, under the title "agreement", "guideline", "policy", and the like.
- 1.4 "Content(s)" means information such as text, audio files, music, images, videos, software, programs, computer code, and the like.
- 1.5 "Specified Content(s)" mean Content(s) that may be accessed through the Service.
- 1.6 "Submitted Content(s)" means Content(s) that Users have submitted, transmitted, or uploaded.
- 1.7 "Paid Service(s)" means Service(s) or Content(s) offered to Users in the Service, which is not free of charge(including but not limited to cases where Service(s) or Content(s) is exchanged for In-Game Currency(ies) which is not free of charge).
2. Agreement of Terms and Conditions
- 2.1 All Users shall use the Service in accordance with the terms stated in the Terms and Conditions. Users may not use the Service unless they agree to the Terms and Conditions. Such agreement is valid and irrevocable.
- 2.2 Minors may use the Service only wit consent from their parents or legal guardian. Furthermore, if Users use the Service on behalf of, or for the purposes of a business enterprise, then that business enterprise shall also be deemed to have agreed to the Terms and Conditions. Such agreement is valid and irrevocable.
- 2.3 By actually using the Service, Users are deemed to have agreed to the Terms and Conditions. Such agreement is valid and irrevocable.
- 2.4 If there are Separate Terms and Conditions for the Service, User also shall comply with such Separate Terms and Conditions as well as the Terms and Conditions.
3. Modification of the Terms and Conditions
The Company may modify the Terms and Conditions or Separate Terms and Conditions when the Company deems necessary, without providing prior notice to Users. The modification will become effective once the modified Terms and Conditions or Separate Terms and Conditions are posted on an appropriate location within the website operated by the Company. Users shall be deemed to have granted valid and irrevocable consent to the modified Terms and Conditions or Separate Terms and Conditions by continuing to use the Service. Users shall refer to the Terms and Conditions on a regular basis when using the Service, since a separate notification regarding the modification to Terms and Conditions may not be provided.
- 4.1 Users, when providing information about him/herself to the Company, shall provide genuine, accurate, and complete information while using the Service, and keep such information up-to-date at all times.
- 4.2 If User5s register a password while using the Service, Users shall exercise due care and responsibility in order for the password not to be used in an unlawful manner. The Company may treat all activities conducted through a User’s account as activities that have been conducted by the holder of the account him/herself.
- 4.3 A User who is using a Service without creating a User ID or using a Service that has no function to set a User ID(a "Non-ID User"), may not continue to use In-Game Currencies, Submitted Content(s), or other Data etc. On a new communication device in the case the User changes communication devices.
Data such as In-Game Currencies and Paid Services that a Non-ID User has purchased, or any other
data related to a Service used by a Non-ID User, may vanish without prior notification to the
Non-ID User in any of the cases below:
- 4.4.1 When the Service uninstalled or the like by the User;
- 4.4.2 When the User changes his or her communication devices or the like; or
- 4.4.3 At any time for no reason whatsoever, due to causes with or without relation to either the Company or the User.
- 4.5 The Company reserves the right to delete any account that has been inactive for a period of a year or more since its last activation, without any prior notice to the User.
- 4.6 Users’ rights to use the service shall expire when their account has been deleted for any reason.
- 4.7 Each account in the Service is for the exclusive use and belongs solely to the owner of the account. Users may not transfer or lend their accounts to any third party nor may their accounts be inherited by any third party.
- 5.1 Seclife Games Corporation possesses and manages User’s information collected through the Service(hereinafter referred to as the "User Information").
- 5.2 The Company places their highest priority on the privacy of their Users.
- 5.4 The Company promises to exercise the utmost care and attention regarding their security measures for the continued security of any and all User Information.
6. Provision of the Service
- 6.1 Users shall supply the necessary PC, mobile phone device, communication device, operating system, and data connection necessary for using the Service under Users’ own responsibility and at Users’ own expense.
- 6.2 The Company reserves the right to limit access to the whole or part of the Service depending upon conditions that the Company considers necessary, such as age, identification, current membership status, and the like.
- 6.3 The Company reserves the right to modify or cease, at the Company’s own discretion, the whole or part of the Service at anytime without any prior notice to the Users.
- 6.4 In Paid Services, the Company will not offer any refund for cancelations by Users or any refund or reimbursement of In-Game Currencies or any fees. However, this does not apply if required by applicable laws.
7. Incapability of Emergency Calls
The Service cannot be depended upon for emergency calls, such as ones made to law enforcement agencies, maritime safety authorities, fire brigade, or other emergency services.
The Company reserves the right to provide Users with advertisements for the Company or a third party, through the Service.
9. Business Partners’ Services
Content(s) or other services offered by other business partners cooperating with the Company may be included within the Service. The business partners bear all responsibility regarding such Content(s) and/or services offered. Furthermore, such Content(s) and services may be governed by the explicit terms and conditions etc., which are set accordingly by the business partners.
- 10.1 The Company grants Users the non-transferable, non-licensable, non-exclusive licence to use the Specified Content(s) provided by the Company, only for the purpose of using the Service.
- 10.2 Users shall abide by the appropriate conditions when using the Specified Content(s) which are subject to additional fees and periods of use. Notwithstanding situations where phrases such as "Purchases", "Sales", and the like appear on the Service screens, the Company shall remain the holder of all intellectual property rights as well as other rights in the Content(s) offered to Users by the Company, and such rights shall not be transferred to Users, but only the right to use the Content(s) under 10.1 will be granted to Users.
- 10.3 Users shall not use the Specified Content(s) beyond the scope of the intended uses of the Content(s) in the Service(including but not limited to copying, transmission, reproduction, modification).
- 10.4 If Users wish to back-up the whole or part of the Submitted Content(s), they will need to do so themselves. The Company will not undertake the obligation of backing up any of the Submitted Content(s).
- 10.5 The Service may include functions where multiple users may post, correct, edit, and delete items. In such cases, the User who posted his/her Submitted Content(s) has to allow other Users to perform any editing in relation to the Submitted Content(s).
- 10.6 Users shall maintain the rights regarding their Submitted Content(s) just as before, and the Company shall not acquire any rights to such Content(s). However, if the Submitted Content(s) are visible, not just to the User’s "friends" but to all the other Users, the Users who posts the Submitted Content(s) shall grant the Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license(with the right to sub-license such Content(s) to other third parties working together with the Company), for an indefinite period, to use (after modifying such Content(s), if the Company believes it necessary and proper) such Content(s) for service and/or promotional purposes.
- 10.7 The Company may check the details of the Submitted Content(s), when the Company believes that the Submitted Content(s) may violate related laws or provisions set out in the Terms and Conditions. However, the Company is not obligated to conduct such investigations.
- 10.8 If the Company believes that the User has violated or may violate applicable laws or provisions in the Terms and Conditions related to the Submitted Content(s), then the Company reserves the right to preclude the User’s use of the Submitted Content(s) in certain manners, such as deleting the Submitted Content(s) without providing the User with prior notice.
11. In-Game Currencies
- 11.1 In-Game Currencies will be provided to Users by the means specified by the Company such as purchases, special offers, and the like. Details regarding the payment methods, units, terms and all other conditions regarding In-Game Currencies will be decided by the Company and displayed accordingly upon the Service.
- 11.2 In-Game Currencies cannot be exchanged or used for any other purposes other than the ones offered by the Service. The number of In-Game Currencies required for receiving the offered services or Contents, and terms and conditions of In-Game Currencies will be decided by the Company and displayed accordingly upon the Service.
- 11.3 In-Game Currencies once purchased by Users cannot be refunded for any reason. However, this does not apply if required by applicable laws. If this occurs, the Company shall process refunds of In-Game Currencies in accordance with the relevant laws, and such information will be made available on the Company’s website etc.
- 11.4 In-Game Currencies can be used only in the Account in which the User purchased the In-Game Currencies, and cannot be assigned or transferred to other Accounts. Furthermore, In-Game Currencies cannot be carried over or combined between communication-devices running on different operating systems, as the types of In-Game Currencies differ even though they are categorized under the same name.
Users shall not engage in the following when using the Service.
- 12.1 Activities that violate the law, court verdicts, resolutions or orders, or administrative measures that are legally binding.
- 12.2 Activities that may hinder public order or customs.
- 12.3 Activities that infringe intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, trademarks and patents, fame, privacy, and all other rights of the Company and/or a third party granted by the law or contract.
- 12.4 Activities that post or transmit violent or sexual expression; expressions that lead to discrimination by race, nation origin, creed, sex, social status, family origin, etc.; expressions that induce or encourage suicide, self-injury behavior, or drug abuse; or anti-social expressions that include anti-social Content(s) and lead to the discomfort of others.
- 12.5 Activities that lead to the misrepresentation of the Company and/or a third party, or intentionally spread false information.
- 12.6 Activities such as sending messages indiscriminately to numerous Users(except for those approved by the Company), or any other activities deemed to be spamming by the Company.
- 12.7 Activities that exchange the right to use the Specified Content(s) into cash, property or other economic benefits without Company’s authorization.
- 12.8 Activities that uses the Service for sales, marketing, advertisement,soliciting or other commercial purposes(except for those approved by the Company); use the Service for the purpose of sexual conducts or obscene acts; use the Service for the purpose of harassment or libelous attacks against other Users; or use the Service for purposes other than the Service’s true intent.
- 12.9 Activities that benefit or collaborate with anti-social groups.
- 12.10 Activities that are related to religious activities or invitations to certain religious groups.
- 12.11 Activities that illegally or improperly lead to the collection, disclosure, or provision of other’s personal information, registered information, user history, or the like.
- 12.12 Activities that interfere with the servers and/or network systems of the Service; that abuse the Service by means of BOTs, cheat tools, or other technical measures; that deliberately use defects of the Service; that access to the Service through the communication devices to which an alteration has been made by looting, jail breaking, or the like, that make unreasonable inquires and/or undue claims such as repeatedly asking the same question beyond the necessity, and that interfere with the Company’s operation of the Service or User’s use of the Service.
- 12.13 Activities that aid or encourage any activity stated in Clauses 1 to 9 above.
- 12.14 Other activities that are deemed by the Company to be inappropriate.
13. User Responsibility
- 13.1 Users shall use this Service at his/her own risk, and shall bear all responsibility for actions carried out and their results upon the Service.
The Company may take the following measures without any prior notice to the User, if the Company
acknowledges that a User is using the service in a way which violates the Terms and Conditions.
However, the Company shall not be responsible for correcting or preventing such violation
towards Users or others.
- 13.2.1 Withdrawal or deletion of whole or part of the Submitted Content(s);
- 13.2.2 Suspension or revocation of the User’s right to use the Specified Content(s);
- 13.2.3 Suspension or deletion of the Accounts;
- 13.2.4 Suspension of use of whole or part of the Services;
- 13.2.5 Any other measures that the Company considers it is necessary and appropriate;
- 13.3 In the case where the Company has suffered loss/damage or has been charged an expense(including but not limited to lawyer’s fees) directly or indirectly(including but not limited to cases where the Company have been sued for damages by a third party) due to the User violating applicable laws or the Terms and Conditions while using the Service, the User shall immediately compensate the Company upon their request.
14. The Company Exemption of Liability
- 14.1 The Company dose not expressly or impliedly guarantee that the Service(including the Specified Content(s)) are free from de facto or legal flaws(including but not limited to stability, reliability, accuracy, integrity, effectiveness, fitness for a particular purpose, security-related faults, errors, bugs, or infringements or rights). The Company shall not be responsible for providing the Service without such defects.
- 14.2 The Company shall not be responsible for any damages inflicted upon Users in relation to the use of the Service. However, if the agreement(including but not limited to the Terms and Conditions) between the Company and Users regarding the Service shall be deemed as a consumer contract under the Consumer Contract Law in Japan, then this exemption clause shall not be applied.
- 14.3 Notwithstanding the condition stated in clause 14.2 above, the Company shall not be responsible for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages(including but not limited to such damages that the Company or Users predicted or could have predicted) with respect to the Company’s contractual default or act of tort due to Company’s negligence (except for gross negligence). The compensation for ordinary damages in respect to the Company’s contractual default or act of tort due to the Company’s negligence (except for gross negligence) shall be limited to the total amount of received fees from the Users in the particular calendar month in which such damages occurred.
15. Notification and Contact
- 15.1 When the Company notify or contact Users regarding the Service, the Company may use a method that the Company consider appropriate, such as posting on the website operated by the Company.
- 15.2 When Users notifies or contacts the Company in regard to the Service, Users shall use the customer inquiry from available on the website operated by the Company or other means designated by the Company.